CS Study Group

A significant portion of the Canasta Club members somehow find themselves majoring in CS, whether it be their original major or one they eventually switch into.  In Fall 2011, over 6 members ended up taking the same CS61C class.  4 of them lived in the same building.  Suggest meet up times to study or do homework here.
— October 16th, 2011 | Subscribe
10013 Views | 6 Comments

May 27th, 2012 8:50:39 pm

pftq says...
Just skimming over python here.  Thought I'd mention our server can run python as .py files also (so you can just upload .py files to your haotian/perlin.pftq.com to run).  It looks like the language is used just like PHP and PERL.

Add a Reply

Login or Register

January 21st, 2012 2:26:46 am

pftq says...
Learn MySQL this weekend here:
http://www.tizag.com/mysqlTutorial/

I set up a database for each of you called "pftqcom_{yourName}" such that Perlin has pftqcom_perlin and Haotian has pftqcom_haotian.  The username is the same format.  The password is located in mysql.txt in your FTP folder.

Have fun

December 11th, 2011 5:47:34 pm

hwhw says...

November 30th, 2011 3:06:52 am

pftq says...
Lab 12 is easier than you'd think.  You guys should not skip it.

November 5th, 2011 3:40:55 am

pftq says...
Ok I pretty much figured out the remaining areas of improvement for project 3 but won't be home to implement it this weekend.  Just want to make sure you guys know what to do though.

Basically, a lot of the code can be reduced by using more intrinsics.  For example, instead of using Haotian's "duplicate four elements in the array", you can use an intrinsic that creates an __m128 with 4 of the same float variables.  Doing that increases performance by 1 Gflop.

Lots of other areas you can replace w/ intrinsics too - just dig through the intrinsics manual and see what might come useful.  And yes, there is an add+multiply intrinsic so look into that.

Good luck - hope we don't need to use that extra slip day.

October 16th, 2011 11:16:59 am

pftq says...
Do you guys want to meet up tonight? Submit CS proj + do lab or just do other homework (non-CS).