Canasta Club  |  The Meld  |  Club Events  |  Aug.22 Planning and Discussion « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Linked Events
Author Topic: Aug.22 Planning and Discussion  (Read 4468 times)
pftq
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2010, 08:23:21 PM »

Hey all,

There's quite a bit to cover, in terms of tabling/flyering, how teaching and competitions will work, etc.  I don't want to say this is *mandatory*, but I really want to include everyone here if possible.  And of course, I'll teach you guys the rest of the Canasta game so you can actually help the new members.

It sounds like most everyone is able to make it and will be in Berkeley the Sunday before school starts, so please let me know immediately if you cannot make it.  I will do my best to arrange something else just for you, but please - only if you absolutely cannot make it.

The absolute meeting time is on Sunday Aug.22 at 7:00pm.  The location will be at my apartment 2525 Durant (next to Asian Ghetto).  As usual, we'll be having dinner at Crossroads beforehand at 6:00 if you want to join.  Sign up on the site so I know you are able to come since some of you seem unwilling to respond to emails even though I know you read them. Tongue

Other goodies:
- Canasta Club playing cards are here! You'll each get two decks.  Cheesy
- Canasta Club business cards are here! You'll each get a hundred.
- Canasta Club banner *should* be here by the 22nd if Kurt gets it to me in time.... but look forward to that too! Tongue

On a side note, I've basically turned the site into a list serve.  You can send in your replies and also start new threads all via email.  It took me days to get this coded properly, but enjoy! Grin
pftq
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 03:30:05 PM »

Reminder.  Please confirm whether you are coming or not.

Thanks
akt
Observer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 10:56:34 PM »

i can make it, but I have hall staff meetings afterwards so I can't stay too long
pftq
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 11:14:05 PM »

That's fine.  Maybe if your meeting is short, you can come right back afterwards. Tongue

Second reminder for the rest of you... I really hope it's not going to be just 3 of us meeting on Sunday.  That would be sooo lame... and even less people than when people were busy with finals. -_-

I'll make free Red Bean drinks for the first 10 people sign up to come.  Maybe that'll help. Grin

On a side note, do you guys plan on having dinner before this or should we start the meeting off at a restaurant somewhere?
mylittlelucas
Ex-Officer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 12:08:04 AM »

ooooops. my bad for not responding earlier and whatnot -.- sunday sounds good for me, i feel like i havent been keeping up with whats been happening, haha. i read some of the emails but i was at work so i didnt respond :x anywayyy, i will be there sunday night Grin just let me know where!
pickles19
Observer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 08:58:43 PM »

We could go to Crossroads at 6?
And where is the meeting going to be?
pftq
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 10:55:45 PM »

Ok, Crossroads at 6pm sounds good.

We'll be meeting at my apartment (2525 Durant, next to Asian Ghetto).  Just wait outside the building if you aren't joining us for dinner 1hr before as well. Smiley
pickles19
Observer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 12:19:00 AM »

ok.
mylittlelucas
Ex-Officer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 03:21:42 PM »

hey, just a heads up that ive invited two other people to come tonight. and it turns out carol is back already, so she's probably coming too Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
Canasta Club  |  The Meld  |  Club Events  |  Aug.22 Planning and Discussion « previous next »
Jump to: